Wednesday, June 10, 2015

3 weeks of emails

Subject: Gluten Wars: The Return of The Gluten, May 26, 2015

Dearest Padres, Amigos y Familia
               So this letter may be a bit short because my old nemesis, Gluten, got a lucky hit in this week and knocked me out for a solid 3 days and a half. I'm all good now, so no worries. Other than that life's been same old, same old, I don't really have any good stories to tell. I've started to get to know the members more and our investigators too, they're super dope. There is one named Ronnie, who is a 26 year old from Guatemala and we invited him to get baptized yesterday and he agreed. 
                This Saturday we also had a late Mother's Day party for the branch and I was assigned to bring a salad along with two of the sister missionaries. So we decided to have a competition to see who could make the best salad. You already know that I straight blew them out of the water with a delicious summer salad accented by succulent blue berries and crisp apples. Now they owe me ice cream. The party was fun. All of the recently baptized 22 year old's came (there is like 7 of them)  and I affectionately refer to them as "the Squad" and I am their gringo leader. So me and the squad had a blast as we hate food and listened to the members do terrible spanish karaoke. 
                My companion is still interesting. He is very dramatic and loves to oppose every and all ideas. So of course, I endlessly torment him and push his buttons.  I know that's wrong, but I'll repent later. Other than that we just don't talk a whole lot.
That's all I've got to say about that.
Love,
Elder Evans

 Tough Week of Driving- June 1, 2015
Dear Parents, family and friends,
        Oh what a week I've had! Unfortunately, all the flooding didn't really do a whole lot to my area, so I missed out on all the excitement. I've heard that my last area got decimated, a tornado even destroyed one of the apartments we used to go to. I, however, did not have very much fun as I just concluded the worst week of driving I've ever had. First, we went to the temple on Thursday and when we were driving back there was a ton of stop and go traffic. So I was driving all tranquil like and then all of a sudden, the car in front of the car in front of me stopped. So the car in front of me stopped super fast and almost hit the car. Well, I, unfortunately, wasn't so lucky and didn't have as much space to stop. So I slammed on the breaks and gently kissed the car in front of me's bumper. We got out inspected the damage and absolutely nothing happened to our car and their car had a tiny tiny dent where the screws of my license plate poked him. I thought for sure he would of said "nah you can't even tell" because you couldn't, but he filed an insurance claim anyways. What a pooper. Then two days later I did a little number on our car when I pulled out of a parking spot and turned to soon. The picture looks way worse than it actually was bbbbuuttt it was still pretty bad. But, before you say anything about it mother and father, may I remind you of our Jeep and the door on the the Trailblazer. I will be without car for a couple days (which is terrible in this heat) while the car goes into the body shop.
         Other than that, the week has been fairly boring, the temple was awesome. Afterword, the temple president and president Ashton had a question answer session for about 3 hours. I learned some deep stuff about the pre-existence which I very much enjoyed.
And that's pretty much it.
Peace, Love, and Harmony
Love,
Elder Evans





June 8, 2015
Dear Parents, Family and Friends,
        As you may recall, our car is still in the shop from my little "run-in" with a pole, so we've been on our bikes this whole week. So this is all I have to say:
IT'S SO HOT!!!!!!!!!!
I don't really have much else from this week other than that. Probably because my brain is melted.
Love, 
Elder Evans

No comments:

Post a Comment