Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Week 12...Another Week in Santa Rosa, Week 13...The Proposal

Dear Familia y Amigos
        I'm still here in Santa Rosa, not that it is much of a surprise.  Elder Webb is gone! He got transferred to a town way down south called Vierma. Where, coincidently, Elder Giliam is. Dang Vierma! Stealing all my friends! I'm getting a new compañero named Elder Bloomfield and from what I've heard he seems like a cool guy. He's not here yet, so I'm just chilling with my Mexican roomate and his new companion from El Salvador. I'm excited for my new compañero but I am now the only one in the companionship that knows anything about my area, which isnt much! Its hard because everything looks exactly the same, dirt roads, piles of scrap metal and garbage in people's yards, dogs, and dog poop. Oh well, it will be an adventure.
           My spanish is getting sssoooo much better, I actually understand people now and, for the most part, people understand me. Its nice because I actually have friends in the ward and in our zone now. Our zone is pretty cool, actually. We have chilaens, columbians, paraguy-ans, americans, an el salvadorain, a peruvian, an australian and a guy who was born in finland (his name is Axeles Medenloto, super dope, right?)

Answers to your Questions:
- I have pictures, but I have no way to send them. My camera is pretty much dead too. Can I buy a new one?
- I cant print nothin
- My investigators are good, the dad didn't come to church sunday. That's ok, nobody comes to church.
- the corner of Chaco and miseones, its the big building complex
- My divisions with Elder Rodriguez was the longest day of my life, we just walked around annoying people who didnt want to talk
- Weather here doesnt make sense, its really hot, then its super cold.. I dont understand
- I sleep on pday or go play something with the other elders and buy stuff.
- I have one friend from another zone at the ccm in my zone here, so thats nice. I email Hermana's Romerel and Wooley sometimes
: HAPPY ANNIVERSARY PADRES!

LOVE

Elder Evans

Week 13...The Proposal

Dear Family and Friends,
        I have decided to make the subjest line of my emails more interesting, hence the interesting subject today. I have a new companion now, Elder Bloomfield. He is a great guy but my goodness, is he serious. He has the the personality of a 2X4, but a 2X4 that I like. He also is the hardest working individual I have ever meant which means.. I have to be a hard working missionary too. Last Thursday he had a bad fever and he decided that the only way it could be cured was by working twice as hard as we had been. The only thing I dont like about him is that he doesn't like to visit members, which is my favorite thing to do, because he feels that it doesnt have a purpose.
      I am tired. I have never been so tired in my life. I fall asleep every time we stop moving for more than two minutes. 
      I have been here for 2 months and I still haven't baptized anyone yet, but its ok, we've got some dope investigators. The only problem is that 3 of the families we are teaching, are not married... because in Argentina getting married is a fat pain in the butt, so the people just say they are married and they never do it legally. I guess just one day they wake up and say "hey honey, we are married, k?" and then just go on with their lives. So the other day we were teaching our investigators, Alexis and Analisa, and we commited them to baptism. Then Elder Bloomfield said "but to be baptized you have to be legally married" and then he looked to ALexis and said " are you willing to get married?" and Alexis said that he was. Then I, because you are always supposed confirm commitments with everyone there, turned to Analisa and said "Will you get married?" and she said yes. So, in a nutshell, I proposed to a girl and she said yes. And my companion proposed to a man...
       Fine, due to popular request, here is a dope spiritual experience. Last week, when I was still with Elder Webb, we were walking on the road and I said "I would kill someone to just get an investigator who actually understands what we are teaching." So we decided to knock on the door of a lady that nicely said hi to us on the street (that doesnt happen very often). She opened the door and said "oh come in! come in!" but we couldn't because she was alone in her house. She said "wait one second" and she ran inside her house and ran back out with her jacket on and said "Ready." So Elder Webb and I looked at each other and communicated telepathically (good companions can do this) "this lady is awesome!" After we talked to her a little bit, we found out that she had once talked to missionaries before but told them that she wasnt interested because she was jehovahs witness or something and they just gave her a pamphlet on the restoration. Then, a year later , she had cancer in her throat (6 months ago) and had to be in the hospital for 7 days to get it removed. For whatever reason, she accidently brought the pamphlet with her and because she didnt have a lot to do she read it. Then she decided to read it every night before she went to bed and kept it under her pillow because she loved how she felt when she read it. Then one thing lead to another and we are teaching her now.  She
wants to get baptized! 
       Thats all you get, 
           Love, 
             Elder Evans


No comments:

Post a Comment